COVID-19 Updates

March 31st, 2020 

The Cranbrook Boys and Girls Club is supporting all local, municipal, provincial, federal and global efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19. With a new week upon us, we continue to take each day step-by-step. With this in mind, on-site summer program registration that was set to open on April 1st, 2020, is postponed until further notice. We will provide further information regarding summer registration as soon as we are able. Thank you for supporting our efforts to do our part. Stay safe, and be well.

March 16th, 2020 

The well-being of the children, youth, and families we serve, as well as staff and volunteers at our Clubs, is always our first concern. With this in mind as per recommendation from the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada in response to the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, as of 5:30 PM today, the Cranbrook Boys and Girls Club has made the difficult decision to suspend all licensed childcare programs, after-school spring break programs, and youth programs until further notice. We understand the situation is very fluid and as such we do not have a date as to when we will re-open. This decision is not taken lightly, and we believe that our decision will help ensure the health and safety of the children, youth and staff who attend our Club. In all cases, and echoed by medical professionals across North America, social distancing is the most effective preventative measure to protect our communities and slow the spread of COVID-19. All Club parents will have their accounts credited for days we are closed. Our summer registration for our after-school programs will also be postponed until we re-open. If you or a member of your family is experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 (fever, cough, or difficulty breathing), please immediately contact your family doctor or contact our local public health authority by dialling 811. If you have any questions or concerns, Lori McNeill, Executive Director, can be reached at, or (250) 426-3830.

Share This